OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
The Swaziland Electricity Company (SEC) Executive Management and its employees are committed to Occupational Health & Safety principles and guidelines as outlined in the OHSAS 18001:2007 Standard.
The Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Policy Statement is appropriate to the nature and scale of the organisation's OH&S risks.
SEC is committed to the prevention of injury and ill health to its employees at the workplace.
- The organization pride itself in providing an environment to employees, contractors and its visitors that will not affect their health and safety.
- SEC is committed to continual improvement of the OH&S management system and its overall performance.
- The organization complies with all applicable legal requirements and other standards to which it subscribes that relates to its OH&S hazards.
- The organization uses the Policy Statement to provide the framework for setting and reviewing OH&S objectives.
- The SEC OH&S policy statement is documented, implemented and maintained throughout the organization.
- The OH&S policy statement is communicated to all people working under the control of the organization with the intent that they are made aware of their individual OH&S Obligations.
- The SEC OH&S policy Statement is made available to interested parties through SHERQ Officers.
- All SEC employees and service providers are expected to comply and be committed to upholding the requirements of the OH&S standard at all times.
- Lastly, the OH&S Policy Statement and its objectives and targets are periodically (annually) reviewed to ensure that the policy statement remains relevant and appropriate to the organization.
PO Box 258
Tel: (00268) 2 409 4000
Fax: (00268) 2 404 2335